Friday 24 August 2007

my only hope

ONLY HOPE


There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and over again


So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
and pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope


Sing to me the song of the stars
Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing
and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again


So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope


I give You my destiny
I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back


So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------




i found a nice song. mm. who would have thought mandy moore sings christian songs? its actually the nicest song (at least i feel) she's ever done.


but at least she's right about something. that He's really our only hope. everything else is fallible or breakable, temporial and unreliable.

chase after He who is absolute, who is Life and Truth itself, and everything else will chase after you.

"For your Heavenly Father knows you have need of all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

sure, you can tell yourself, "no, i won't pay attention to all these temporial things," but can you really sway yourself? the only way you can actually do it is to be "distracted" FULLY by the love of Christ. such that when you fall so totally in love with Him that you have no attention span for anything else - NOT to say that you neglect your responsibilites, for the Christ in you will EMPOWER you to fulfill them - but that your heart's desire is most acutely set on the love and the person of Jesus Christ.

Because everything else can strive for perfection, can attempt to attain it, but even the sweetest person can get angry at times, even the most beautiful thing you can imagine may be unappreciated by someone else. humans are fallible, objects are breakable. nothing, apart from the person of Jesus Christ and His finished work lasts forever.

i guess i can say all this because i know for a fact how fallible people are, how everything else doesn't last. no, i'm not being emo, i'm just stating it as a fact. sure, i can get upset still at times, but i'm fallible as well. but my security, the absolutes in my life aren't constuctions or perceptions of truth construed by man but a person, that of Jesus Christ. sure, theories are nice, but guess what, that's all they are: theories.

whether or not we want to be disappointed, is your choice. sure, try as you might to attribute your disappointment to something "outside" of your control, ultimately it ties back to whether YOU are willing to sink into such an abyss of peace and love that hey, the world may sway but you won't.

just how much are you willing to allow yourself to fall in love with Him?

you might lose control, you might lose yourself, might lose your grip on His hand but more importantly, do you know that all the while, He's the one holding onto you?

No comments: