Sunday 19 August 2007

rest

sometimes i just like to immerse myself in songs like this piano one thats playing right now on my blog. sure, its highly sentimental in the way it flows, but too bad if you dont like it, cause i happen to enjoy it. i wouldn't go as far as to say it makes me happy - hardly, considering how "emo" it is - but i like the way , at least for me, it sort of brings me to another time and another place, and makes me remember things and thoughts which are precious to me, and what is important to me in my life; which i happen to forget, all too often.

i could go on and on about this, but i'd really rather just sit back and enjoy.

i wish that i had the time to do the same in life, time where a person could just kick back and enjoy what's been placed on this earth by God for us to enjoy. but everything nowadays is rushrushrush, queuequeuequeue, that hardly anything's "fun" anymore. ok shall stop whining, think i just needed to get that out of my system.

i need rest. and yeah, as pastor said, the only thing God ever said that we should fear is that we not enter into His rest.

i remember my brother once told me, that if you asked yourself, "do i feel tired?" or have the compulsion to simply rest, you can be assured that you haven't been resting. its like a light kinda dawned upon me, like, oh yeah, that's true. all too often we labour and labour, getting caught up in the twists and turns of our daily lives that we sub-consciously place Jesus and His finished work aside, with a post-it note that says : erm, i'll get back to this later. sounds familiar? yeah it does to me too, so join the club or we can have an altar-call for liars ;)

No comments: